We’re looking for front-end developers to join the Array team.
You will be working on client projects, translating designs into dynamic websites and occasionally apps. We also have one internal product that we are in the early stages of developing that you will take a key part in. You should care about design and the way things look, behave and “feel” in the browser.
As a small team, although we’re opinionated about the technology and tools we use, there’s scope for you to have an impact and shape our approach too.
We use a JAMstack; React & Gatsby.js on the frontend with a variety of headless content management systems. Increasingly, our websites often have an e-commerce element to them too.
We are based in Somerset House, London. We’re currently working a balance of some days remote and some days in the studio.
Those with more experience, should
- Be used to delivering a website build from start to finish
- Have experience with React
- Have some experience with e-commerce
- Be able to take designs and translate them into pixel-perfect websites
- Be confident with git and other command-line tools
- Be actively engaged and interested in new and emerging web technologies
And bonus if
- Have experience with Gatsby.js
- Have experience using Shopify and Stripe
- Have experience with ThemeUI
- Although this is a web development role; we use code to create interactive and animated graphics in the studio too. If that interests you there should be scope to get involved in that side of things too.
Array is a small design studio. We design and create graphics, websites, animations and interactions.
Our projects are mixture of working direct with small clients offering an end-to-end service, and, as creative and technical partners for larger agencies. There’s often multiple projects on the go at once, with a variety of different deliverables between them.
If you have any questions please feel free to send us an email.
We would encourage people from all backgrounds and ages to apply, particularly if you are excited about this role but do not feel like you meet everything listed.
To apply, please send us an email with the subject line as ‘Front-end developer — Your Name’. Please include a portfolio or a list of sites you’ve built with brief descriptions of them and your involvement.→ email@example.com